Terms and conditions of use
Hirers are respectfully reminded that Charges are made for all time including Saturdays, Sundays and all holidays. Equipment remains on hire until it is returned or until expiration of twenty-four hours written notice to collect. Hirers should ensure that they are at delivery address, wasted journeys are charged for. Charges will be made if equipment is returned dirty.
- All equipment remains at all times the property of the owner notwithstanding that it may have been treated as lost under Condition 8. The Hirer shall at all times use his best endeavours to assist the owner to resume possession thereof whether during the hiring if the Hirer has lost or relinquished possession or at the end of the hiring if the equipment is not then returned to the owner.
- The Hirer shall not be entitled to assign the Contract or to sub-let any of the equipment.
- The Owner shall not be liable to the Hirer for any injuries to the Hirer or damage to his property and the Hirer shall indemnify the Owner in respect of all actions proceedings claims and demands brought by any other person for injury to persons or damage to property caused by or in connection with or arising out of the use of the equipment whether arising under statue or common law and all costs and charges in connection therewith.
- Any deposit paid by the Hirer shall be refunded if all hire and other charges have been paid and the equipment has on inspection by the owner after it has been returned been found by the owner to have been returned in clean and good condition.
- The hiring shall be deemed to continue until the equipment has been delivered by the Hirer to the owner or the expiration of any notice to collect duly given under Condition 10 or the equipment has been begun to be treated as lost under Condition 8.
- The Hirer shall pay a charge equal to the cost of cleaning, repairing, reconditioning or replacing as the Owner considers necessary on any of the equipment or any part of it not returned in clean and good condition at the end of the hiring. Any such charge for replacing equipment shall be at the Owners replacement list price.
- When the damage waiver premium has been paid the Owner shall waive any charge payable under Condition 6 for damaged equipment to which the premium applies if the Hirer returns the damaged equipment to the owner and satisfies the owner that:-
i) the equipment was damaged while it was in the possession of the Hirer and
ii) the damage occurred accidentally while the equipment was being properly and responsibly used.
- If the Hirer fails after reasonable notice from the Owner to produce any equipment for inspection during the hiring or fails to return any equipment at the end of the hiring the Owner may without prejudice or any right or remedy of the owner by notice in writing to the Hirer treat the equipment as having been lost whereupon the owner may charge the Hirer with a sum equal to the Owners replacements list price of the equipment currently at the date of such notice in writing and any sum so charged shall be paid by the Hirer on demand. If any equipment after being so treated as lost is returned to the owner without been used again by the Hirer or is used again by the Hirer before being returned to the owner the Hirer shall have the credit with any sum so charged and the Hirer shall pay Hire Charges for the same as if it had never been treated as lost.
- The hiring may without prejudice to any other right or remedy of the Owner be determined forthwith by the owner giving notice in writing at any time to the Hirer if the
Hirer has failed to pay any charges due or to comply with any obligations on his part.
- The Hirer must give the owner at least twenty-four hours notice in writing if the Hirer wishes the equipment to be collected and in the absence of such Notice the Hirer shall deliver the equipment to the Owner at the time of the hiring. When equipment is to be collected by the owner the Hirer shall remain responsible for the safe keeping of the equipment until it is collected by the Owner. Any equipment received note issued by the Owner at or after the end of a hiring shall not be evidence of the condition of any equipment described in it.
- Where the Owner delivers or collects the equipment or property attempts to do so but fails due to the fault of the Hirer the Hirer shall pay a delivery or collection charge. Any such charge shall be at the Owners standard transport rate applicable at the date of delivery or collection or attempted delivery or collection as the case may be.
- When the equipment is delivered by the Owner the hirer shall receive it from and sign and return the delivery note to the carrier. In the event of any shortage or damage the hirer shall endorse the note accordingly and also notify the owner in writing of the same within three days of the delivery. If the hirer fails to perform any of his obligations under this condition any equipment delivered by the owner to the address specified for delivery by the hirer shall deemed delivered to the hirer in good and clean condition.
- The Contract is subject to the availability of the equipment at the time of delivery to or collection by the hirer. The Owner shall not be responsible for any loss to the hirer whether direct or indirect arising from any late delivery or any breakdown during the hiring of the equipment from any cause beyond the owners control.
- The Hirer shall provide access to the owner at any place where the equipment may be for inspecting it during or repossessing it at the end of the hiring.
- In the event of cancelled forward booking twenty per cent of the lost hire charge will be payable to the owner by the Hirer subject to a minimum of 50p
- The person signing this document warrants that he has had the authority of the hirer to make this Contract on the Hirers behalf. The person so signing hereby indemnifies the Owner against all losses and costs that may be incurred by the owner if this is not so.
- No conditions or warranty other than those contained herein shall be implied or deemed to be incorporated to form part of these
Conditions of hire.
- Not withstanding any other provision of this Contract if the hirer is not a body incorporated then the hiring will terminate on the
expiration of three months from the date of the contract.
19. All equipment hired overnight is the sole responsibility of the Hirer and the Hirer must have the equipment insured under their own insurance. If any equipment
is either stolen, missing or damaged overnight it is the responsibility of the Hirer to replace or refund to the value of a current replacement.